LITERACY COORDINATING COUNCIL
The Department of Education, through the Literacy Coordinating Council, conducted the 2023 National Literacy Conference (NLC) on October 11-12, 2023 in Cebu City.
With the theme “Building a Culture of Literacy: The Power of Communities as Catalysts of Literacy Development,” the 2023 NLC hopes to signify the importance of creating a culture of literacy where communities are inspired to enhance and provide educational opportunities, advocate for lifelong learning, and empower community members to participate actively in society.
Watch the livestream of the event on the official Facebook page, YouTube Channel, and website of DepEd Philippines.
For more information about the 2023 NLC, click here.
To help universalize literacy in the country, the Department of the Interior and Local Government, a member agency of the LCC, issued a Memorandum Circular enjoining all LGUs to establish local LCCs in their respective cities and municipalities. (MC No. 2023-067) The LCC Localization program aims to strengthen support structures for literacy at the local level. Local LCCs shall ensure that functional literacy and lifelong learning interventions and opportunities are available to all constituents. Click here to download the Manual for LGUs.
- Celebrating Excellence, Recognizing Achievements: The 2023 Gawad Gintong LIYAB In a remarkable celebration of dedication and achievement, the Literacy Coordinating …Read More »
- Pag-aaral Ukol sa Adult Literacy ng Bansa Binigyang Linaw sa 155th LCC Meeting Naging pangunahing paksa sa ika-155 na pagpupulong …Read More »
- GENERAL SANTOS CITY, Philippines – On September 5 to 8, 2023 the LCC conducted the Workshop on the Maintenance …Read More »
- Availability of relevant data and information plays a very important role in various aspects of literacy development in the Philippines, …Read More »
- In today’s rapidly evolving professional landscape, training has played a crucial role in achieving organizational success. Acknowledging this important aspect …Read More »